Engage Literacy COMPLETE PACK (412 titles + PDF Teacher Guides)
Engage Literacy is an award-winning program perfect for guided, independent and shared reading. The precisely levelled books, comprehensive teacher support and comprehension resources cover a huge variety of topics and provide an exciting fun program to engage even the more reluctant of readers.
What makes Engage Literacy Special?
All 412 texts, both fiction and non-fiction, have been developed using carefully graded vocabulary lists, e.g. the word ‘go’ is introduced at Level 1 and ‘going’ is introduced at Level 4.
Therefore, children build up a bank of high-frequency words, providing them with a smoother transition as they are introduced to higher-level texts. The texts enable children to build on their prior knowledge and make new connections based on these previous understandings.
Engage Literacy also includes a progressive academic vocabulary list of words, such as ‘draw’, ‘make’, & ‘write’, which are essential for early readers to successfully understand and complete academic tasks independently. Engage Literacy ensures that children are exposed to texts that match their developmental reading level, enabling greater potential for reading success & enhancing fluency.
The earlier levelled texts have a ratio of introduced words to known words of 1:20.
• 412 Precisely levelled books
• Thematically linked fiction and non-fiction pairs
• Guided Reading Levels A-V, Early Intervention Levels 1-30, Reading Recovery Levels 1-20+
• Comprehensive teacher support
• Text-dependent and inferential questions for every page in every book
• Recurring characters include Lea, Min the Monkey, Baby Dinosaur, Little Sea Horse, Mr. Lee, and Kate and her dog Max.
• Teaching notes for each title provide whole and small group instruction, ELL engagement, and assessment tools
• Blackline Masters and running records for each title
• Photocopiable activity worksheets are also included.