Rocket Phonics is a story-based Systematic Synthetic Phonics program for F/K-Year 1, based on the progression of the original Letters and Sounds phases.
SAVE WITH THIS PACK! ROCKET PHONICS COMPLETE Multi PACK: 228 titles x6 (96×6 Target Practice, 132×6 Reading Practice and Teachers Guides) Normally $13,938, SAVE $2,090.70!
Program Key Points –
- fully decodable texts
- focus on key phonemes
- practice decoding skills
- speech rhythm activities
- content-rich fiction and non-fiction
- daily plans
- flexible weekly overviews
- assessment guidance
- a blend of digital and print resources
Take a look inside
Target Practice look inside
About the Rocket Phonics program
Rocket Phonics is part of the Reading Planet whole-school solution that will ensure every student achieves reading success and develops a real love of reading.
Rocket Phonics is a story-based Systematic Synthetic Phonics program for Foundation to Year 2 [Y1-3]. This ‘next generation’ program is based on the progression of Letters and Sounds and provides a complete package of print and digital resources to teach reading and writing. Importantly, you can also access everything via Reading Planet Online. With interactive libraries every book is provided as an eBook with additional features and resources for teachers, students and parents.
Rocket Phonics has been written by educational consultant and phonics expert, Abigail Steel. Using feedback from primary schools, this is a rigorous program that combines beautiful and engaging stories with in-depth phonics knowledge and skills.
Ensure students keep up rather than catch up: the steady pace and progression deeply embeds knowledge and skills from the start.
- Feel empowered to deliver a rigorous phonics program whatever your teaching level, with step-by-step daily plans, flexible weekly overviews, assessment guidance, tracking documents and Continuing Professional Development.
- Develop essential literacy skills using a balanced approach that focuses equally on blending for reading, and segmenting for writing and spelling.
- Enliven your phonics teaching using a blend of digital and print resources, including flashcards, sound mats, friezes, write-in student booklets, reading books and eBooks.
- Ignite a love of reading and consolidate decoding skills by immersing students in captivating illustrated stories (online Big Books) and a rich variety of fully-decodable fiction and non-fiction.
96 fully decodable reading books, fiction and non-fiction, aligned to the program for focussed decoding practice and an additional 132 fully-decodable reading books for extra reading practice.
- 48 fully-decodable reading books for Pink to Orange bands, mapped to the progression of the program
- A range of fiction and non-fiction including comic-style stories
- Each book covers a small group of letter-sounds for graduated practice of decoding
- Can be used for whole-class shared reading, group guided reading or one-to-one sessions.
To use alongside the existing 114 fully-decodable Rocket Phonics reading books which cover a broader range of letter-sounds