Big Cat Phonics for Letters and Sounds Set (300 titles)
Ensure a secure start to every child’s reading journey in Foundation – Year 2 [Y1-3] with these decodable fiction and non-fiction books.
- Foster a love of reading for pleasure with books on a wide range of age appropriate topics, supported by engaging illustrations and photographs
- New grapheme-phoneme correspondences are introduced gradually through the clear, cumulative progression of the Letters and Sounds phases
- High Frequency Words (Common Exception Words) are introduced in line with Letters and Sounds and are kept to a minimum.
- Focus Phonemes and High Frequency Words (Common Exception Words) are listed in Before Reading – inside the front cover of every book so they can be practised before the reading session.
- After Reading activities included in the back of every book.
Explore the FREE Collins Big Cat Resources here (including Phonics for Letters and Sounds Lesson Plans and Resource Sheets) and access the complete “Letters and Sounds: Principles and Practice of High Quality Phonics” manual here.
Take a peek inside here