Collins Big Cat Guided Reading Handbook Pack (6 titles from Pink – Pearl)
Complete teaching and assessment support
- Detailed support for both collaborative guided reading sessions and independent sessions for every Big Cat book
- Supports practice of reading comprehension strategies through focused, targeted lesson plans and resource sheets, ensuring every student reaches age-related expectations
- Includes advice for demonstrations and modelling in every lesson plan, supporting students in developing key skills such as inference and deduction from the start
- Vocabulary Boost sessions for every book to extend students’ expressive and receptive vocabulary
- Formative and summative assessment opportunities to fully assess student progress in reading
- Supports the English, Science, History and Geography curriculum.
Assess reading fluency quickly and effectively across the school, from Reception to Year 6.
The 60 ready-to-use assessment sheets can be administered by a teacher or TA to assess students’ reading speed, accuracy, expression and understanding. The assessments are mapped against book bands and age-related expectations. Assessment sheets can also be accessed as downloads.
- Identify gaps so they can be targeted and closed
- Measure and record student progress in fluency
- Match students to an appropriate-level reading book